This past weekend my family, my mom, my brother, sister-in-law, nephew and two nieces came into town for a gymnastics competition my nephew was competing in. My brother and his family drove through the Grand Canyon and my mom flew in Friday morning. Friday evening after dropping Dusty off at a friend's house and running some errands, my mom and I met the rest of the family at Heart Attack Grill.
http://heartattackgrill.com/ That should be enough to satisfy your curiostity. My 10 year old nephew really wanted to try the quadruple bypass burger. 4 half pound patties...yup 2 pounds of meat. The deal was if he made it to Regionals he could have the burger. And he made it. My nephew did a good job. He started working on the burger as a regular burger and then resorted to eating it patty by patty. In the end he ate just over half of his burger and came to the conclusion that some people can't finish their burgers because they get too sleepy.
I think Niran enjoyed himself.
Saturday morning after Beau's t-ball game my mom and I headed back into town to Tumbleweed Park. This is a great new park in Chandler. I found it online while trying to find a park that had a playground. I only know where dog parks are and don't remember playground equipment at them. It was a huge park with plenty of grass and a covered playground. I'm sure we'll be going back.
Niran got to go for his first swing ride and loved it. I'm sure the air between his toes and through his hair felt the best! He even tried riding a little car, but really only wanted to chew on it, so I pulled out of that one. We did try a couple of slides, but the kids running around were much more exciting.
Aunt Ellen gave him a pretzle to chew on and he went to town on it.
After the park we went back to the hotel were my brother was staying and went for a swim in the pool. Actually Uncle Paul took Niran for his first swim. I thought this would be good for him since he already loves laying on his tummy and kicking his legs in the bath tub. Sure enough, he started kicking those legs as soon as he got in the tub.
Please don't mind my nephew attempting to pull his youngest sister under the water.
Saturday evening my mom took Dusty and me to dinner while my brother and his family watched some other boys from the team compete. Poor Niran had a very long day without any nap, but he did very good at the restaraunt sitting in a highchair and eating our food.
Sunday was Nathan's big day. I think he did very well. He's had a big improvement since I saw him two years ago, but that is expected. Uncle Dustin was very impressed as well. I'm proud of Nathan! Good job buddy!
The sign says: Men Division I Championships
This is the only picture I could get. Flash photography isn't allowed and any pictures I try to take without the flash come out blurry.
I would like to thank Aunt Brandi, Uncle McKay and all the cousins for watching Niran while we were at the competition. Niran has first day without Mom and we now know that we have some work ahead of us to get this boy used to being away from his comfort zone. Thank you for putting up with the tears!
2 comments:
wow you guys sure have been busy! Looks like you def enjoyed your family in town. I've been to that park too. It's great. Also Freestone park in Gilber is way nice. It's between Lindsay & Val Vista & between Elliot & Guadalupe I think...it's huge.
I've seen this burger joint on the Food Network! I'd like to visit it too when I am down. Don't think I'll try the 2lb burger.
Post a Comment