My mom flew down Friday, February 15, so we can get a jumpstart on some wedding planning. She wanted to look at wedding venues while she was here, so I spent 3-4 weeks finding venues. I found most of them with Brandi at the bridal show, but the tough part was looking a pictures, packages, and pricing online. In all I narrowed it down to 5 from probably close 30. Okay, those probably all weren't great picks, most were just in the east valley. I narrowed it down to 15 pretty quickly and then down to less than 10 even faster. Dusty and I did try to go visit the venues before my mom got here that way he could watch Niran while my mom went off on our own, but of course other events kept me much too busy.
Sunday afternoon we headed over to David's Bridal with Kim, Brandi, and Stephanie, all of which are Dusty's family. I probably tried on 10 or more gowns. And so you know that is very tiring. At one point I sat down in the dressing room and sent text messages trying to catch a breather. But I did get a better idea for styles I like. Afterward we headed to Olive Garden for lunch before my mom and I ran home to rescue Dusty from a long day with the boy.
Monday we visited 4 venues, one of which was crossed off when walked in the door, the easiest part of the week. Another we just didn't care for it from the outside. The Wright House and Stonebridge Manor were our other two venues for the day that we found suitable. Stonebridge Manor just stuck for Dusty and me. We knew right away that it was where we wanted to get married.
Tuesday my mom and I went by our last venue since that was the only one Dusty and I were able to see prior to my mom's arrival. This was another favorite, but Dusty and I placed this one number 2 our list. My mom and I did learn a bunch about wedding planning from one of the ladies there, and it helped us in the long run make a decision. Tuesday evening we sat down and looked at all the benefits of each venue. That hurt my head...a lot.
Wednesday morning we started looking for wedding invitations, which didn't go so well, because those babies are EXPENSIVE!! Wednesday evening we met the bestman at Stonebridge Manor for a twilight showing of the venue. We finished off the visit by booking the wedding date: August 15, 2009 at 5:00pm. Yay! I item to check off the list.
Thursday we headed out to look for more invitations. I was dreaded this since Wednesday didn't go so well. I was on the brink of giving up and having Brandi help me make some, which I knew would take a while. We headed to one store that I found in one of my wedding books, thinking it would be a quick in and out. But it wasn't. When we walked into Polka Dot Moon and Kim, great name if you ask me, sat me down and asked what we were looking for in an invitation. After telling her all of mine and Dusty's ideas she said we'll look through some book and if nothing works, we'll make. Yay!!! She was awesome. As we found invites I liked, she tried helping me figure out how we could make it work for what I want. Eventually, we found an invite that I liked and I was able to come up with a whole other idea. I think everyone is really going to like them.
Thursday evening we headed back over to David's Bridal with my friend Mauri. She wasn't able to make it Sunday and having another in person opinion was needed. I had sent my bridesmaids e-mails with photos and got their opinions and of course, I received Dusty's family's opinion Sunday. I tried on my 5 favorite gowns and the three of us discussed the pros and cons of each gown, discarding any that did not make the cut. I got it down to the top two, even the advice of another bride to go with the first gown you tried on wouldn't help. I had to completely pass that first gown...did like it enough to consider it. I eventually ended up texting Dusty with my frustration. I couldn't really show him my choices, but his advice did help and I pick the gown that I had told him I wanted when we settled on Stonebridge. The gown that turns out the majority of friends and family liked. I can't include pictures because Dusty might see.
Friday was a little easier. We took it easy and just tried to get some small task done. It was a much needed rest after that week.
Saturday Dusty joined Brandi's dodgeball team for a tournament near the house. That was a lot of fun to watch. Dusty and McKay are ready for the next tournament on March 7, and of course Brandi as coach is trying to encourage some practice.
Sunday we headed out to the Renenssaince Festival. We met up with Jeremy, Jen, and Aiden and Jason and Brandey joined us later. It was a long day, but a very fun day at that. We went by the petting zoo and Niran loved watch all the animals, especially the ducks. Aiden enjoyed making Niran laugh and I think he spent the majority of the time in front of Niran's stroller or with Dusty. Of course we didn't forget those wonderful turkey legs. Niran did very well for the day considering he only took a 20 minute nap in the afternoon.
Monday, my mom and I went up to sign the contract for the wedding venue and then went in search of ribbon for the invitations and favors. We found the correct color we just haven't found it in the correct size yet. She headed back up to Reno about mid-afternoon and I headed home to flop onto the couch and relax from a very busy week, knowing there is sooo much more planning to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment