Thursday, February 12, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday

We were originally thinking of going to Las Vegas for the Super Bowl. We have some friends that go up every year for the big game and watch it at a casino. Since this year our own Arizona Cardinals were headed to the Super Bowl we thought we'd head up there as well. It would give us a chance to spend some time with Dusty's family who live there as well. We invited our friend Ryan to go up and Dusty was a giddy school boy thinking of all the fun the weekend had in store. A few days before we were to leave, Ryan found out he may have to work during the game taking pictures at a local venue that was planning a huge party. We still had the option of going up without Ryan of course, but Dusty didn't have the heart to leave his best friend to watch the game at a bar, he didn't want to be at in the first place. So we decided to stay in Arizona and watch the game in Fountain Hills. Ryan found out he wouldn't have to work, so we made a weekend trip up to Fountain Hills instead. We drove in to town Saturday and dropped Dusty off to watch the UFC fights with Ryan and I drove up to Ryan's house to get the little one to bed.

Sunday we hung out until the big game and then ate waaaayyy too much junk! It was a good game very exciting and very disappointing at the same time. It would have been nice if Arizona could have won, but everyone should be proud of the Cards. They didn't have a great start to the season, but pulled through to make it to the Super Bowl. They were definitely the underdogs going into the game, but they proved everyone wrong again and proved they could win the title. Hopefully we can keep those key players for next season and get those boys those rings they deserve!

I took some pictures of Niran watching his first game. He played throughout most of the game and even got some cuddle time in with Uncle Ry-Ry. As soon as the game was over he was for a good two hours. The excitement was just too much for him!
Get those toes! He was trying to take the shape of football.
I looked allover for a Cardinals onsie. I didn't want to pay $20 online, plus shipping and handling. I stumbled upon this one at Wal-mart. The tag said 9 months and I figured it wouldn't be too huge on him. I got home washed it and saw that the onsie itself was 18 months and the tag said that it was one of two pieces. Someone swiped the second piece. I was bummed for a moment, but I got over it. It still had AZ pride.
All the cheering had him parched!
He enjoys that tummy time now.
So you know, he doesn't cuddle like this with Mom and Dad unless he just woke up from a nap. This wasn't even quite half time yet. I guess Uncle Ry-Ry is very comfortable.

2 comments:

Mars said...

I love his little Cardinals onsie! Glad you found one!

Pama aka Nana said...

Oh...I loved the pic of Ryan and Niran. What a sweet baby!