When we move to a new installation we are supposed to go visit our doctor within the first 30 days. I waited for paperwork from our doctor to get here, then made the appointment. Here we have to book a month out!! But they did get in and are now all current on shots, which means I can put them on the waiting list for daycare. Calvin's wait for 6weeks to 12 month care is a year...yeah, do the math on that one! I'm going to see about putting him on the waiting list for 15 months so he can continue breastfeeding if he wants until he's one.
Niran - 2/3 year check up
I never got his 2 year check up done in AZ, so they combined it for me. Niran loves his new doctor. She had him giggling like crazy. Her pocket froggy also had a talk with him about going potty like a big boy, which has helped a lot. He got his shots the same day and he now hates being in the immunization room (the doctor & immunizations are in two different rooms. Immunizations does shots for all doctors. You don't need to see the doctor to get shots and you can go in as soon as its time for your shots. Calvin went before his appointment). He ended up having a bad reaction to one of the shots. I had to call the RN and talk her. It's getting better now (2 weeks) and just looks like a bruise. Poor guy was pretty miserable for awhile. Okay, now stats!!
Height: 37 inches (40th percentile)
Weight: 31.8 lbs (60th percentile)
Talking: He's still progressing in his talking. We now have many conversations with him and he can generally tell us what he wants. He's always asking what something is and most of the time will repeat what it is before walking away.
Calvin - 6 month
He's good on seeing the doctor until 12 months, but I'm not sure about shots. They didn't tell me about that so we will go back in 2 months just to double check. He had a great face for shots, he had a scared get out of here fast look. Doctor was very impressed with him and his development. Everything was right on or ahead of schedule (she said not to worry about rolling tummy to back, he'll figure it out eventually). We are just very behind on standing with minimal support (holding his hands while he stands). I never thought to even try yet. He's already doing very well with it. We are also completely done with bottles. He took no more than 10 ounces (probably closer to 5) from bottles in his 7 months of life. Now we're on to sippy cups alone, which so far isn't going well. I haven't been able to convince him to use Niran's starter cups, so we'll be testing some other brands this week. The doctor said not to worry about it too much, which I'm not. It'd just be nice to go out to eat and give him a sippy cup instead of nursing him. It'd be nice to take a break at some point. 7 months down, 5 to go!! Ready for stats? These are approximate since I lost the paperwork =( I'll find it and update this though. His appointment was the day we left for our vacation so it doesn't surprise me it's lost.
Height: 27inches (50-60th percentile) <---yes he's catching up to his brother!
Weight: 17lbs 8 ounce (40th percentile)
He has two teeth (I think more on the way), he can sit up on his own, but still falls over, he's trying to crawl, he's working on that pincer grasp, and he's doing very well with solid foods now that I know he's picky about texture not taste!
They are both growing so quickly. It's amazing! They are still best friends. Niran calls Calvin "bebies." He did say Baby Calvin last night. When we asked him who he was he would say "you" I realized that needed to change so I started with "bubba." He says he's "bubby" now. I never thought we'd have pet names like this for the boys.
Sunday, July 31, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment