Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend 2011












We kept busy for the 4th of July this year. Friday evening the North Carolina Symphony was putting on a concert in the park to celebrate Fayetteville, NC being named an All-American City this year. They free ice cream & apple pie, but sadly we were too slow to get in on the free treats. But we did get to enjoy our picnic dinner & free concert that evening.


Sunset at the park, reminded us of an Arizona sunset!



The park for the concert, it was a beautiful night. Dusty was dreading going since it had been so hot during the day. But here it cools off at night.


A boy with his balloon & flag. There is a video below you need to watch.


Abella, Dusty works in the shop with him. He used to coach a team of guys the competitively played Halo on the XBox. Do you think they get along? Oh yes, they do!


The Long Family, David is Dusty's team leader. Carrie is one of my good friends here. And little C, well, he's 4 months older than Calvin and the same size, he's a tiny little thing!!


And the fireworks began, he did not like them at all. I eventually laid on the ground with him & he just shook. I guess 2.5 years of watching fireworks from a distance wasn't such a good plan!


Daddy tried to help him enjoy them.


Our sweet family



Saturday & Sunday we cleaned the house, hung out and I attempted to get some blogging done. Saturday the Longs and Abella came over and we went to the neighborhood center swimming pool for awhile. Niran had a ball!!! Every hour we have to get out for 10 minutes and rest, Niran did not like that idea. Calvin loved the water as well. He kicked his feet and splashed the water with his hands. I wish I could take them during the week, but it's too hard for me to watch Niran and Calvin at the same time.



Monday for the 4th we went to the house of a friend, Raleigh, from Dusty's company. He grilled all sorts of deliciousness on the grill. It was like Dusty's Thai family, but with a grill. Sooooo much good food you can't stop eating! We tried to go watch a jump demonstration by the 82nd Airborne, but we were given the wrong time for that. I did get a funny picture from that adventure though



Dusty was copying Niran's look. I think he can do it so well because they have the same look!



We did try to stay at the park to watch the fireworks, but a storm was coming in and we decided to head back to the house and watch them from there. It would have worked if they didn't set the fireworks off an hour early. We ended up watching them from our car & after awhile Niran really opened up and I think he enjoyed watching them.





We met our friends back at our house and set off some sparklers we bought for Niran. I think the boys enjoyed them more than he did. Especially trying to burn the big ol' spider I found in the street. That's a big difference from Arizona, fireworks were going off all weekend and neighbors were out in the street setting them off Monday night. I think everyone that was in town was in the street. That was pretty neat to see.


Daddy showing Niran the sparkler


He thought they were pretty fun

No comments: