Sorry about the formatting on this post. I can't seem to get it to do what I want. I'll try again later.
I've been wanting to post recipes that are quick, easy and/or cheap. I love finding a new recipe or getting one from someone to try. I've been cooking and baking since 3rd grade and I don't mean making mac & cheese out of the box. I'm talk lasagna and chicken cooking! And I really enjoy cooking at home and would rather do that over eating out most of the time. With Dusty taking culinary classes we now make dishes pretty much how we want. We'll look at recipe and follow the idea, but generally we kind of do our own thing with it. I had a hard time with that at first and would get irritated watching Dusty cook without looking at a recipe, but now I will watch the Food Network, like something and then make based on what I saw in the show, but without the recipe. I think we both have come up with some very yummy dishes! I'll post them on here as we come up with them, but you do have to forgive us, all measurements will be approx. We do most things to taste.
I'll start with a dish I made Tuesday night. I actually decided to make homemade ravioli last week with a tomato cream sauce. I got the ravioli recipe online, but I wasn't able to make them thin enough, maybe I'll try again one day, but the cream sauce I did like and I'll keep it. I found how to make the basic tomato cream sauce online and Dusty seemed to like it so I decided to add to it for this dish. I thought it was yummy, better than one of my favorite hamburger helpers
Pasta & Sausage
(measurements are approx and should be adjusted for how much sauce and pasta you will need)
Pasta of choice (I used shells so Niran could pick them up)
1 cupMarinara Sauce
1/2 cup Cream
1lb Italian Sausage
1/2 cup Frozen Spinach
Parmesan Cheese (optional)
Cook pasta according to directions.
Cook sausage thoroughly
Combine Marinara Sauce, Cream, Spinach and sausage. Heat to gentle boil and cook until desired thickness (I cooked mine for about 15 minutes). Add salt to taste. I added some parmesan cheese as well. Mix with pasta and top with cheese.
I was planning on taking a picture of the dish, but Niran didn't want to wait any longer for dinner, so here's the end result!
Enjoy!
1 comment:
Now that is my kind of cooking. I love to invent receipts and cook without measuring. Seems like my kind of receipt I'll have to give it a try someday.
Post a Comment