It's official! We are Mr. & Mrs. Dusty McSpadden!
Wednesday my mom flew in and and Thursday my maid of honor, Audrie came in and helped me get some food prep done along with some other minor wedding details. Thursday evening a bunch of my girl friends took me out for my bachelorette party. We started out at Brandi's for games and then headed out to Mill Avenue. The night was so much fun and I am glad Mindy hosted it for me!
Terrible picture of me I know, but I didn't get many good ones off of my camera
Ryan and friends took Dusty out for his bachelor party a couple of weeks before the wedding. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and their time hanging out at Matt's "Train" house and Gameworks! No pictures from that night of course because guys don't use cameras the same way girls do.
Friday morning was beauty prep! Audrie, Megan and I took off to get manicures and pedicures and Dusty went for a bike ride and then got his hair cut, while Grandma Jane kept Niran company. The rest of the day was spent recovering from the night before and getting the last of the food prep done for the rehearsal dinner.
The rehearsal dinner went very well. I have no pictures from the night and I don't recall anyone taking photos, but if you have some will you forward them to me, please. We had a BBQ, manned by McKay Hansen, who is very good on the grill! Kim, Brandi, Audrie, Megan, and my mom helped me get everything done in the kitchen before our Thai family got there. Emon, Apple and Penny made papaya salad and a soup that Dusty and I both love. And now I think everyone else loves too! Dusty and I finished off the night by handing out our wedding party gifts which included flasks for the guys and flasks and silver garters for the girls. Dusty and I are very glad we included everyone in the rehearsal dinner. It gave us so much extra time with our friends and family.

The sunglasses were given to us my the maid of honor! I'll have to get a picture of mine and Dusty's flask so you can see what the guys got.
After the rehearsal dinner, Dusty spent the night at his best man, Ryan's house so the girls could have the house to themselves to get ready. And Dusty was not allowed to see the bride before the big day! The girls and I spent most of the morning getting the last minute details done, such as Niran's walker decorations and ironing clothes. We also did all our hair and make up at the house before heading up to Stonebridge. It also took 3 vehicles to get all of the wedding decorations, dresses, luggage (for those taking off after the wedding), Niran's belongings and the people who had stayed at our house the night before.
The wedding itself couldn't have gone any better.
The Manor looked beautiful. Camille and the staff at Stonebridge did a fantastic job. Everything flowed very smoothly and we were never wondering what next or when.
Chef Ben and his staff of Creative Hands Cuisine did a fantastic job with dinner.
Rev Rich Stoffan was a pleasure to work with.
Zuzu's Petals did a wonderful job with the flowers. I pretty much let her decided what flowers to do since I had no idea what I wanted and only knew what colors.
DJ Mike Mancini did a wonderful job taking our 25 choices of songs and mixing even more in and keeping with the theme Dusty had set up.
Kevin & Amy from Piece of Cake Desserts did a fantastic job helping us design our cake.
And Flint Rogers, our photographer, has done a wonderful job with engagement and wedding photos.
I can't be more pleased with our choice of wedding venues and the choices they have made for their vendors. I highly recommend Stonebridge Manor and their wedding packages to anyone planning a wedding!
After the wedding, Brandi took my mom and Niran back to our house so we could go out to a bar and hung out with some of our friends for awhile, which I will say was a fun little way to end the night.
Here are some pictures we've received from Flint, friends and family. Anyone else who has photos if you could email them to us that would be fantastic!
I am so proud of him for pushing his walker. He had a rough afternoon and I was worried he wouldn't be willing to walk, but according to Dad he was himself as soon as he got a hold of his walker!


The girls and guys
(Niran was a groomsman, but he isn't quite walking yet to stand for a photo)
Garter toss! Those boys sure wanted it!
The place cards, table numbers, programs and favor numbers were handmade by me. Dusty helped with input as far as design and with assembly!
Next we're going to begin planning Niran's first birthday party! Followed by Dusty's going away party and then we'll get packed and moved on to the next big chapter of our life!









2 comments:
Your wedding was beautiful! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the time with friends & family. Sorry I missed out on the bachelorette party fun & the reception. Life has been insane. I'm glad I was able to be there for the wedding though. You looked so pretty & happy! Congrats again. You guys have a lot of exciting things coming up!
You are so gorgous. It sounds perfect. That was cute that Niren pushed the walker down the aisle. Congradulations!
Post a Comment