Friday, September 4, 2009

Niran's First Camping and Fishing Trip

The Wanders go camping in the fall for Jeremy's birthday. The last three years we have been invited. Last year we couldn't make it because they went the weekend before Niran was born and granted there was a paramedic there, I didn't see the need for Niran to be born while camping. This was our second year and we enjoy our time with the Wanders, Bolingers, and Ryan Winslett and his girlfriend Jenn. This year was a little more special since it was Niran first camping and fishing trip.

It was difficult with Niran wanting to get down and crawl around after Aiden, but we wanted to cut back on the dirt, scrapes and cuts he could get. Okay, it was the getting hurt, it was the excess amount of dirt we didn't want to deal with. We knew he'd get dirty enough as it was. We did take his play yard, which he luckily enjoys playing in. We enjoy a lot of lazy time with everyone and stories by the campfire both nights.
The first night, Niran slept on and off for three hours and then was wide awake from 3am to 8pm. Mom and Dad had a very long morning and about 4, Mom put the boy in his stroller and took off for a walk hoping Niran would finally sleep, he didn't. The second night we tracked down some extra blankets and covered his bed. He slept until about 6, with little squeaks here and there! It was wonderful!

Saturday we hung for most of the day and then had an afternoon of fishing. Dad caught a fish, which of course was shown to Niran who wanted to touch it. Mom didn't get to do much fishing since Niran was pretty squirmy. I think most everyone caught a fish or at least got a nibble. I did get a nibble before calling it quits pretty early.
Sunday we ate breakfast and talked around the campfire some more before packing up and heading back into town. Camping with the Wanders is about time together and we're always glad to be a part of their lives.
Now for some photos and a video:
On the way up I saw this mountain which reminded me of Peavine back in Reno. Much bigger, but it still has the same look about it.


The family around the campfire.


This is part of peek-a-boo. Niran will pop his head above the bar and squeal then drag his facce down and squeal below the bar. It's quite entertaining!


Niran got excited when Uncle Ry-Ry caught his fish. I don't remember his reaction with Dad, but I'm certain if we were cheering so was Niran.


I love this picture. I have other angles, but I like this one the best.
Aiden kept wanting to come in our tent to play with Niran when he had free range of the tent, but there wasn't enough room with the play yard taking up half of the tent, so he played with him the best he could. Sorry about this video being sideways. I either need to figure out how to rotate it or I need to remember not to hold the camera sideways.

1 comment:

Mars said...

ahh looks so fun! I want to go camping so bad! Niran is getting so big! I love the video. His little laugh is so cute :) Glad you survived. You are such a good mom-I didn't have any doubts you could do a camping trip with a baby.