Dusty has a custom of celebrating his birthday the following weekend. Actually it's a superstition. He won't celebrate early, he'd hate to jinx his day. The celebration does in fact start after 10:oo am on his birthday, but the real party doesn't start until the weekend.
Well, his weekend started Friday with a movie date with his bestfriend Ryan. Actually, Niran and I joined them for dinner and then they went and saw Watchmen, while Niran and I ran errand errands and went home and took a nap before driving back into town to pick him up. Why didn't I go with them to the movie as well? We weren't able to find a babysitter for me to join. Dusty loved the movie and can't wait to take me to see it. Any babysitters?
Saturday was another dodgeball tournament. Granted it was over an hour drive for us to the tournament it was well worth it. The boys, with the help of their coach Brandi, managed to sweep the tournament and took home gold medals. It's been mentioned by Dusty, Brandi and McKay that I have many shots of Jeremy. Yes, I know, but he was closest to me while I was protecting my son from poorly setup of the dodgeball courts. But just for everyone, here's my favorite shot of Jeremy. Oh and some of Dusty and the other players, including them with their medals.
So as I looked through the pictures to see which I would put up. I realized, my camera was not very willing to take good photos of them in motion. This could be because I didn't have it on the correct setting and it could also be because I did not use the flash. My camera thinks it is moving around like crazy without the flash. At the next tournament I'll make the appropriate adjustments
Sunday, Dusty did not wake up sore like he thought he was. Hoo-ray! But we did have to jump into the car nice and early and head up to Tempe for the Angels vs Giants spring training game. Yay!! Niran's first game. Although, this was not the original plan. Our babysitter wasn't going to be able to watch him at 9:30 when we needed to head into town for the game, so we had to settle with taking him to the game or not going at all...or both. Let me explain. I was excited for this one since I grew up watching the Giants. I sported my Giants hat and Niran sported his Giants tee and new hat! I wasn't able to take Dusty out to dinner for his birthday since we had a ton of extra bills this month and I wasn't able to go see the movie with Friday night. I finally got to participate in a birthday event! We drove into town, swung by our friend's house just in time to pick him up and get to the field on time. We got to our seats with about 15 minutes to spare. Everything was going great until the announcer gave out some important information about refraining from throwing items on the field. Apparently Niran wasn't too pleased with this information and began to cry. Wait, scratch that. He began to scream. Dusty and I ended up in the family restroom doing everything we could to quiet this little boy down. When nothing worked we agreed that we needed to leave. So we found our friends and informed them we would be leaving and we'd pay them back the $50 for the tickets. When I realized that was a lot of money for us to come up with at this point in time, I asked Dusty to stay and have his friend meet me half way to pick him. Luckily he said yes, so only $25 is owed. Phew! Niran was kind enough to scream all the way home. A full hour and half drive. When we got home, it still took me another hour to get him to sleep which lasted 15 minutes. When the game was over...the Angels won...bad news to me, I headed up to Chandler to hang out with friends and happily handed over a screaming 5 month old to his father and Uncle Ry-Ry. Dusty asked if I had tried orajel. Yes, probably a little sooner than I needed to, but I did try it. He decided to try some more but on all his gums. Who would have thought that was all he needed, a completely numb mouth. In the end I got to enjoy an evening with Dusty and friends during his birthday celebration. Enjoy the pics from the game Dusty enjoyed attending!
1 comment:
ah I'm sorry I wasn't able to babysit him either. I'm happy you got to go to the game...at least for a little bit. I love Nirans hat & t-shirt. So cute. I also saw nothin but a sea of red when I went last weekend. crazy! Happy late Birthday to Dustin
Post a Comment