Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas and New Year's Rolled into One

I never filled anyone in on the happenings of Christmas and New Year's since we were sick and just too busy. Christmas came and went with all of us not feeling so hot. Dad had the worst of it, which I'm glad it wasn't Niran or me. Selfish, I know, but Niran being sick would just be rough and trying to feed Niran during the night when I wasn't feeling so hot was rough enough for me.


At least while Dad was sick I simply had to care for two crying boys.

We celebrated our Christmas early since we headed up to Globe Christmas Eve.
Niran got a new frog that he loves holding and chewing. Nana and Grandpa Ron made a great choice. Grandma Jane got him a soft book and two jars to hold that first missing tooth and his first curl. Pretty could ideas. Grandma Kim made Niran and quilt, it's had plenty of use already by all three of us!

In Globe, Niran was able to meet some new family members and shocked others at how much he has grown. He was a great baby until later in the evening when Aunt Brandi was the only who could get the tears to stop. As soon as we got home around 8, he was his happy little self again. I think he just wanted to be back in his home. It was just too cold in Globe for him.


New Year's Eve was enjoyable as well. Our friends came out to our house so that we could put Niran to bed on time. The boys played Risk and they fit two games in between 8 and midnight! And no it is not impossible. Our friend brought over his new edition of Risk which does have a shorter version. If I remember correctly they said they beat their first game in 30-45 minutes. At midnight we had a sparkling peach toast and then the boys came up with the brilliant idea of setting off firecrackers in the backyard. Actually, the brilliant idea was Dusty setting them off. He started out with a couple of loud quick ones and I have no idea what they are called and then after the neighbors finish setting off their firecrackers Dusty set off a full string of blackcats. The video is below. I will tell you it was loud and bright, with plenty of debris hitting at least Ryan and I while Dusty hid behind us laughing like a goofball. Yes, I was a human shield for him. No wonder he wants to marry me! What was left was a good laugh and a lot of paper to clean up the next morning. As for the sleeping baby who was in the room only about 10-15 feet away...he slept through it all. All the noise he endured while I was pregnant and since we brought him home has paid off.


Well, that about finishes off 2008 for us. We hope 2009 starts off with the same bang our's did!


Happy New Year!


2 comments:

Mars said...

sounds like you had an ejoyable Christmas & New Years! Again, sorry I wasn't able to make your get together. Happy New Year!

Dusty, Kimmy, Niran & Calvin said...

No worries on not making it. It ended up being pretty small anyway.