Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mommy Pet Peeve

I HATE when the boys hand me their sippy cup so they don't have to deal with it, empty or with something still in it. They will hand it to me and ask for more, but they seem to think that if they just don't want to hold it or go put on the table, it's my job to deal with it. We have always had a rule you put your cup on the table, Calvin's goes on the bench so he can reach it. They were really good about putting it there and all of a sudden they started handing it to me without a word. From the first time they have done that I tell them put it on the table if they want to finish it later or on the kitchen counter if they are done. And yet months later they still just hand it to me as if it's my job. When are they going back to the old ways? They have two legs, they can do it themselves. I do everything else around here, can't I have a break with something?

Vent over...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bennett always has to hand me whatever he's drinking while I'm driving to put in the cup holder. In between drinks... drives me nuts. The other day I bought him a chocolate shake and I dropped it b/c the top was on a little funny and I was driving! Spilled everywhere and he blamed me!

Dusty, Kimmy, Niran & Calvin said...

Niran does the same thing in the car. I always make him set it beside him. Their diaper bag is right there so it keeps it high enough for him to still reach it when he wants again. But I also still have him with a sippy cup at all times unless we are able to watch him. Big boy cups are still special occasions.