One of the projects I'm working on this year is the boys' bedroom. Calvin is going to be needing a big boy bed towards the end of the year and Niran is starting to outgrow his toddler bed. I'm saving up money so I can buy what I want. I've ordered their bedding, a throw for each of them, & curtains. I actually found a site that had them over over 50% off. I need to buy sheets though. You can't find the matching sheets since the line has been discontinued. This was the first theme I had picked out and Dusty liked it. It's something fairly generic & good for little boys. But I wasn't happy the sheets were available so I started looking for other bedding. I decided to go with a Pixar Cars theme. I've actually been dragging my feet for awhile to buy the bedding. I had the money to get the bedding and was trying to find what I wanted, but I couldn't settle and kept putting off. I showed my friend the Plane Crazy bedding and she loved it. This was the bedding that mom really liked as well. It didn't take me long to buy the bedding and few extra items they had. For less than I would have paid going for the cars bedding. I'll be hunting down sheet sets later. Here's the bedding:

This is the bunk bed I wanted, sorry it's small, I can't get a full size picture at the moment. It's currently sold out in every color except cherry. I hadn't quite gotten the money saved up so I figured we'd wait a bit longer and buy a mattress so I can sell Niran's Spongebob bedroom set and a few other items first. Here's hoping everyone went crazy with the good sale & they didn't discontinue it. Afterall I have a friend that has had it for about 5 years and it has held up through multiple moves, I think it can survive us for awhile.

They boys only have books upstairs. They have a few stuffed animals, but it's just books. I did this when Niran would turn on the light and play instead of sleeping. I don't have as big of a problem if he stays up reading books though. I would like to get this cubbie and put some books and decorations in it. Pretty simple.

When I sell the Spongebob bedroom set the boys will lose their table and chair set. They use it regularly so I feel bad getting rid of it. But the set will sell better as a full set. I did consider buying them a little couch for their room so they can sit down and relax. That is still a possibility, but it depends if we have the bunk bed as bunk beds right away or wait awhile and stick with two separate beds for now. This is the table and chairs I would love to get them. You can buy additional chairs as well. This table has the best reviews for lasting for kids closer to the age of 7. Many are only around 4.
I have some ideas for wall decor. We are stuck with white walls, so I need to work with decorations. There are some wall hangings I can buy that match the bedding. I am still waiting to hear from a gentleman about getting movie still from Plane Crazy. I was thinking of framing them & maybe making a new face for a clock for their room.
I would also like to get them matching dressers as well, but they are fine with the dresser they have the moment. I will most likely leave the dressers for last and find something I like when it is on sale. Nothing I need to hurry for.

No comments:
Post a Comment