Sunday, February 5, 2012

Update

I thought I'd do a mini update on the boys.


This is what they do every morning when we get dressed. While I'm helping one get dressed the other is reading. We also find Niran reading at this table when he wakes up before us. Calvin is usually looking over his shoulder from his crib as well.


Niran - 3 1/2 years


He still weighs 30lb. Still, for the last year to year and a half. But he's growing taller and is thinning out. He still has his fat cheeks though, which are still just as delicious as the day he was born. He's talking more and more every day. He will be starting speech therapy the end of February. We don't think he NEEDS it, but his doctor has been really pushing since July to put him in. It won't hurt him doing it earlier and if the speech therapist says no, then no harm done. He's working on his ABCs & counting so he can start preschool next Fall. I put him on the waiting list, but they can't say what the actual wait will be. Keep your fingers crossed it's short. He's really excited to start school, even if it's only 2 days a week. I'm making arrangements for a baby sitter for the boys so they can start swimming lessons in the next couple of months. We would like to put Niran in some sports classes, but again I will need a sitter for Calvin because I have to attend the classes with him. It will be nice to get some of his excess energy out. Maybe he'll start going to sleep before us then. He got Lego Duplo blocks for Christmas. He said those were his favorite present and I believe it. He plays with them all the time. The also got a Cozy Coupe car & Niran drives through the house in it with Calvin holding on to the back. He still loves reading books. We are looking into buying him a TAG reading system. I think he'll enjoy playing with that while I make dinner or when he wakes up before us on the weekend. He loves drawing and coloring every day. He even did a little maze by himself, I was very impressed. He has flashcards that he likes to play with, which is another item that comes out most days. He's a very sweet boy who loves to play with others. I think preschool will be the perfect place for him.

Calvin - 1 year


He is walking. Well as long as he is on the carpet. He still won't stand on the tile unless he's holding a hand or using his walker. When he does push his walker around it's usually him running through the house yelling and chasing his brother. He can say Mama, Dada (most common), Bubba, nigh nigh. He can nod yes and no, he can say shush with his finger, Bubby taught him peek-a-boo the other day. He knows eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, belly button and feet, although he usually likes to show them to you using your body rather than his. He loves putting shoes on and if he goes missing he's usually putting shoes on by the door. He can climb up and down the stairs, very, very quickly, so forgetting the baby gate means there is a baby upstairs. He's still trying to figure out the spoon and fork eating, but loves doing it. He is the best eater as well, eating his brother's food as well some nights. He likes to drink out of a regular cup, but with help of course. He babbles like crazy now and knows what we are asking him to do when we talk to him. He loves playing with Bubby's Legos and their cars end up all over the house regularly. He loves reading and can often be heard screaming at Bubby when he takes his TAG Jr books from him (which is why we want to get Bubby TAG). He started sleeping through the night after he was weaned, which was glorious! He isn't into watching TV & movies like Niran is. If Niran is watching a movie he'll be playing. Very different from when Niran was his age. He got is 7th tooth in on Friday and his 8th tooth Sunday. All his teeth have come in as sets within a couple days of each other. He is a goofball who just does his own thing and LOVES to dance. You turn on music he's going to be shaking his little booty, even if he's tired.


Dusty & I are doing well. Not much has changed for us, still doing the usual things. We did get to go on a marriage retreat a couple of weekends ago. It was very enjoyable. I'll have to pull the photos off my phone and do a post about it. We hope you are all doing well!!

No comments: