Tuesday, July 7, 2009
A Step Towards Self Feeding
We've tried to get Niran to where he will feed himself with a spoon. So far in the last couple of months he has had to no interest in it, which is fine. He'll do things when he wants to. Tonight, he decided that he wanted the spoon I was using to feed him. So, Dad got him his own spoon, while mom kept one so that feeding didn't stop altogether. Niran then pointed to his plate so I moved it closer to him. He grabbed some broccoli with his fingers (which he has decided he doesn't like any longer, it used to be a favorite), put it onto his spoon and then put the spoon into his mouth. He finished with one of his grins. Throughout his meal he would put the spoon onto his plate and then into his mouth, with very little on it. We're on the long road to independence!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha that's really cute. I love watching babies try to feed themselves. He'll catch on quick enough. Before you know it he'll be running all over the place too! We need to get together & bring him with. I haven't seen him for awhile!
He is so stinking cute!
Post a Comment