This time was much different for a few reasons:
- Niran's starting to recognize cartoon characters, which meant he didn't want to take off Elmo or Mickey Mouse. We had a few fits at first and then some comprimising!
- He's more independent, he wants to take off and put on his on chonies and pants as well as sit down by himself, which takes time.
- #1 and #2 are yucky, which means if there's an accident I have an upset boy on my hands...very upset boy.
- He has two potties to choose from. He had his stand alone from before, which after living with his cousins, he didn't want to use any longer. And then the seat that sits on the toilet which we bought after we found that he liked the one at Grandma's house. This was a no brainer for him at first because he is a big boy now, but that toddler seat really hurt his legs. He's been using the stand alone this afternoon, but you can tell he'd rather be an even bigger boy.
I spent the morning trying to figure out timing, along with continuing my unpacking. By lunchtime he was in a pull up and all chonies were in the laundry. I realized I didn't have enough underwear for him and we ran out long before we ran out of clothes. Yes, that means we had a lot of accidents this morning. After lunch (which is about 2 hours of being away from the house) we tried to go potty before nap time. His pull up was dry and he was very willing to go potty, and quickly! I was really proud of him for that, because I figured it'd be the complete opposite. After nap it took about 5 minutes and the discovery of his underwear to agree to sit on the potty. I'm pretty sure we were in there 15-20 minutes. He went pee twice and then started to stand up but then sat down for a bit longer, he had to do #2. I was very proud at that moment! He knew he wasn't done!!! We had 2 other successes in the afternoon and 2 minor failures after daddy got home. They were dribbles, which seem to come about 5 minutes after the big one.
That was only day 1, which from what I've read we've got about 3 weeks total before he should really get the hang of it. Here's hoping it's only 3 and not longer! I'll take some pictures tomorrow as well. His legs look even fatter in his chonies, I love it!!!
2 comments:
post some updated pictures! and when are you bringing me my nephew?? he misses me, he has been trying to tell you but its kind of hard to make out...
oh and "say hi to my brother for me" - make sure you say it like Marky Mark would
I do plan on posting pictures. I just haven't gotten there yet. Every day feels like a Monday & Wednesday at your place during school. I'll try to get to it asap!
Oh and I have been thinking about coming up with the boy, just not sure when yet. I have a few errands to do in PHX, but I'm dreading the drive already!
Post a Comment