Friday, February 26, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010


Dusty and I have never celebrated Valentine's Day. Our annivesary is the 17th so we always went out that night instead. It's easier to avoid the crowds! This year was a little different for us. He wasn't going to be home for Valentine's Day or our annivesary so I decided to send him cards for both anyways. He kept telling me to write daily so he had something to read, so why not add a few cards?
Well Saturday the 13th, Niran woke up at 4:45 because his tooth was bugging him. I gave him some Motrin and laid him in bed with me hoping he'd fall asleep. A few minutes later I got 2 text messages. I thought it might be one of my Army girls on the east coast not thinking about the time difference, so I thought about ignoring it until later. Boy am I glad I didn't!! It was Dusty!
He was eating an MRE
for breakfast since the Dining Facility had a power outaged due to 6 inches of snow.
(all acurate photos!!)
His DS gave them their cells with breakfast!! I was able to talk to him for an hour while Niran ate breakfast and watched cartoons.
Later in the day, I went out to run a couple of errands, when I got home these were waiting for me!!

And Niran approved of their pretty smell!! Dusty got Uncle Ry-Ry to help get these to me :0D

For dinner I made heart-shaped raviolies, why not be festive?

Niran has been wanting balloons for awhile so I figured I'd get him some for V-day. He was very excited. The gifts were clothes that I had bought him for graduation, but he wasn't interested in them. I wrapped them just to be the one to open them while he played with the "badoons."

Although Dusty wasn't able to be home this year it was very sweet of him to make arrangements for me to have the flowers. My mom kept them alive while we were at graduation so I got to come home to them again! This will be a Valentine's Day I always remember!!!

No comments: