- I miss him a lot! I know I could handle a separation if I had to, but if I don't have to, I don't want to!! I know I have been one of the better collected wives during BCT. I don't cry b/c I smelled his deodarant, I don't wear his shirts to bed or any of that. I have actually packed all of his stuff. And not because I don't want it around, but because I don't have the space for it!
- Our money is going to drop A LOT! There were some things left out when we were given information. In the end we would have the same amount of money to put into our debt wherever I live. There's actually a chance we would have less money if travel prices really jump during the summer and that would hurt us. The other problem is, once Niran turns two, he has to have his own seat on the plane. Huge hit!!
- With Obama's new military plan, Dusty has a 95% chance of being deployed within the first 2-3 months. Not the original 6+ month thought we had. We had decided if I stay here and he gets deployed within in the first few months of graduation I would stay here, but that means I don't live with him for a much longer time. I do not care for this idea!
- We were also originally told if his unit is already deployed he would wait for their return. This is very untrue. If they are deployed he can do rear-detachment, in other words, he can leave by himself to join his unit overseas. This can happen as soon as he graduates AIT. I don't want an 8 hour visit before he ships out. Because I'm sorry, but if I weren't living with him, family and friends can share no more than 2 hours of this time and I'd get 6 of it to myself! This part REALLY bothered me. Realizing that he has a very good chance of leaving as soon as he graduates broke my heart.
I debated our decision for a good 2 weeks before discussing it with Dusty. It started out with money worries and then more and more things got dumped on top of it. I found myself crying because I knew in my heart we were making the wrong decision. Dusty talked to a buddy who has been in the military for a few years. After that Dusty knew that he wanted us with him as well. In our new life we'll have many times we have to be apart, but if we ever have the chance to be together we are going to take advantage of it...without question!
The wait time to get on base housing is 3-4 months. I will be faxing my application in today to get on the list now. In the meantime we will be going down to visit as soon as we can.
A friend's husband just went to Ft Huachuca for AIT and he can get off base privileges pretty quickly. He has to pass his PT test, which Dusty can do, and know a bunch of info, which I know he could do as well. This is a big plus for me! Of course this may be different for Dusty, because his AIT is three times as long as this guy. But a girl can dream, can't she?!?!
1 comment:
Kimmy....I'm so glad you and Dusty have made this decision. It is in the best interest of your family. You all need each other right now and Niran needs his Daddy! Have a great time at graduation.
Love, Pam
Post a Comment