Very early Monday morning, Dusty recruiter picked him up to take him to Pheonix MEPS for final processing before being sent to Basic Combat Training (BCT). I did some cleaning until Niran woke up and Dusty's Dad, Udon picked me up to go and visit Dusty for his final swear in.
Patiently waiting
Listening some great words of wisdom
The swear in
Waiting to sign paperwork
We left Dusty to finish up some things at MEPS while we took Niran home to take a nap before we met Dusty at the hotel for dinner in the evening.
I don't think we made it out of the parking garage. He walked so many laps at MEPS, luckily everyone loved him and thought he was just so cute!
Later that evening once Dusty got situated at the hotel, Udon, Kim and I went for dinner and final visit with Dusty. It was absolutely wonderful and I am so glad we made it up there. Saying good-bye at that point was incredibly difficult, but Niran was wonderful on the drive home. He gave Mama lots a hugs and kisses.
Dusty flew out to Ft Jackson on November 17th. I got my first call from him November 22 with a quick update that he was officially started BCT on the 23rd! I got another call on Thanksgiving, which was kept short and to the point. My first letters came after Thanksgiving and they are so important to me! Phone calls haven't often, but it's great to hear his voice!
1 comment:
wow so much going on with you guys, I forget to check now that you're private.
Post a Comment